1:08 PM

Image result for Pictures of Cat chasing birds 
This morning as I was walking to work after dropping off Patty in school I saw a violent act.  I saw a beautiful black cat crouching in the middle of the sidewalk very focused on something.  When I turned my head to see what the cat was looking at, it was a bird.  The bird was pecking away at whatever was thrown all over the sidewalk and the cat started to practically crawl towards the bird that was diligently pecking away.  The cat pounced on her and grabbed her wings with his mouth, then proceeded to do a backwards flip with the bird in its mouth.  Then it ran quickly inside the store with the bird held tightly in its mouth.   
Seeing this violent act between a bird and a cat made me sad but at the same time it brought the enemy to my mind.  It brought up the enemy because I can compare it to what he does to us.  The way that the cat scooped up that bird is the same way that the enemy scoops us up when we are distracted not praying and not seeking God’s face.  When we are busy and distracted like the bird was, we give the enemy an entrance into our lives.  You might be asking yourself, distracted how?  When we are distracted with petty arguments on social media, when we are distracted comparing our lives to other people’s lives, when we allow hatred, bitterness, strife and jealousy to enter our lives we have become distracted.  When you become distracted it’s almost the same as inviting the enemy to come and have a party with you. Instead of allowing all these things, situations and issues to take our eyes off of God, we need to remain in prayer.  God’s word commands us to pray without ceasing.  Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)  

In addition to praying all the time, we are also commanded to draw near to God.  God does not move away from us; we move away from Him by our behaviors.    Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)  
The same way that cat devoured that bird that is how the enemy wants to devour each and every one of us.  This is especially true when you make a conscious decision to live for God.  Whenever God is working in your life behind the scenes you will see that your troubles will multiply because the enemy wants you to lose focus and miss out on the blessing that God is preparing for you.  Keep in mind that the enemy only has one plan for your life and Jesus also has a plan.  Make sure you ALWAYS pick the Jesus plan always.
 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. (John 10:10-11)

Prayer: Father God, I thank You for allowing me to see and understand how the enemy preys on my life.  I thank You for the wisdom and discernment to know the difference.  I pray that You keep me grounded in Your word, with my eyes always on You.  I love you and thank You Father for the precious gift of your son Christ Jesus.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love this post!! Absolutely love it! I have literally been thinking about staying focused for about a week now so this post come right on time as confirmation. I'm super proud of you for writing it too!! Lord knows, if I needed this reminder, someone else probably did too! :) Love you mucho Jules. - Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Even if it helps one person that is great!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Even if it helps one person that is great!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Daily Scripture

Send A Message

Name

Email *

Message *